Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Introduction


I'm interested in using Google Tools to communicate and collaborate between students in California and South Africa. I'm a history teacher a Aragon High School in San Mateo. I had the opportunity to work at LEAP Math and Science School last summer.



LEAP is an English language full immersion FET (Grades 10 – 12) intervention school aimed at securing access to universities (including technology universities) with English, Maths and Science on the highest grade, from its matriculants. There are current 3 schools, two in Cape Town and one in Johannesburg.

An intergral part of the program is a Life Orientation class.



http://voicethread.com/share/363193/

3 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like a great way of using this! Are you thinking about live interaction? (If so, how do you compensate for time difference?)

    -Nels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for cross-cultural communication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think live interaction would be great but, with the 11 hours difference, my students would have to do it after 7 pm. I bet I could find a group of interested students.

    ReplyDelete